Two more weeks in the Challenge! And I am beginning to see the end of the Dark Days, myself; harbingers of spring are everywhere around me now. There’s no denying it (and Daylight Savings helps).
This week’s meal was fairly boring, but: if my husband and daughter had their way, we would have this every. single. day. and not just every week. And excepting the flour in the bread, everything else was grown and raised on this little piece of land of ours. We had a friend over and there was much wine involved so no photos were taken of the spread itself; luckily, dinner tonight is soup from last night’s carcass…all the better to cure the hangover I truly have right now. Ay.
- Butternut squash soup (one squash, one onion, our herbs)
- Garlic-roasted chicken (our bird, garlic, and herbs)
- Roasted root vegetables (carrots, turnips, beets, leeks from the greenhouses)
- Mashed potatoes with chives and pan gravy (Burbank potatoes, garlic and regular chives, our milk(!); our cider vinegar to deglaze the pan; flour from Ferris Organics)
- Whole-wheat sourdough bread (Ferris Organics hard red spring flour, my starter)