1. Like chicken, only better (richer)
2. Braised in a huge dutch oven for 2 hours at 375* on a bed of leeks, dried/fresh herbs, white wine and veg stock; he was still kind of tough; lots of breast meat
3. I am not that good at plucking. Then again, I hate shelling peas and beans too: I think it’s the time required, not the task at hand
4. Tom wanted nothing to do with it but the eating. At one time he yelled down from his upstairs window: “Is it safe yet?”
5. The guineas can still count. The three hens are bemoaning the loss of their leader and are still calling despondently. I hope their small brains can forget
6. The other chickens, however, are very happy!
7. I don’t think I have ever worked so hard for a meal