Ah, what promise the first big warmup of spring.
1. Unplug the de-icer on the pond
2. Plug in the pond pump
3. Unplug the heated dogbowl in the chicken coop
4. Pull up all the throw rugs in the basement in case there’s a flood (I don’t like walking on cold concrete so I put cotton rugs down)
5. Make sure the gutters are clear
6. Watch the chicks. This is a great way to spend your time. Better than meditation: you just sit and watch them doing their chick-y business, scratching, pecking, flapping their wings, sleeping…